Get Started Now
HOW IT WORKS
Helping Injury Victims Since 1983
Pedestrian Accident Claims: Do You Have A Case?
Pedestrians fall victim to injuries every day due to dangerous, distracted drivers and/or property defects. Usually, these types of accidents occur while pedestrians are walking, running or on the sidewalk. After the accident, it can be difficult to figure out who is liable for your injury. If you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to a substantial amount of money. Hiring a lawyer can simplify the process and make the difference in whether you get a fair accident settlement.
Most Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents
- Vehicles That Back Into Pedestrians
- Failure to Yield at Crosswalk
- Turning Vehicle at the Intersection
- Work or Play Accidents
- Pedestrians Checking the Mailbox
- Off-Road Accidents
- School Bus Crossing Accidents
Should I Contact a Lawyer for a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit?
Find out if you have an injury claim by answering the questions below:
- Were you injured because a driver failed to yield at a crosswalk?
- Did speeding play a part in your injury?
- Did a distracted driver cause the accident?
- Was the driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Did the driver disobey traffic signs or signals?
- Was your injury a result of a driver disregarding weather or traffic conditions?
- Did you file an accident report with the police?
- Did the driver fail to signal while turning?
If a pedestrian accident has led to death, you may want to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit
Important: Time Limit to File Injury Claim
State law limits how long you have after an injury occurs until you file an injury claim. If you’ve been hurt in an accident or due to negligence, it’s critical you speak to a local personal injury lawyer as soon as possible, to see if you have a claim and can get money for your injuries, lost income, and medical bills.